We are Nigeria's largest car buying service with the goal of helping hundreds of customers to sell their cars.At Cars45 our passion is to build the infrastructure for commerce that allows sellers and buyers of Nigerian used Cars to exchange value quickly, cheaply and with unhindered access to independent relevant information required for decision making. We now have inspection centres at strategic locations to make it easy for our dear customers to sell their cars.
It doesn't matter if it is a rickety Benz or a shining new Corolla. We buy any car. We have a simple solution for the most complex problem that a car owner faces - selling his/ her car - and our solution is deeply rooted in technology. And it works.
Execution is our game and our talk matches our walk! At the moment, we trade a few thousand cars every few weeks, making us a leading player in the used car industry. And guess what? We are a fast growing startup! We are scaling up rapidly and we need people who share in our dreams and ambition to become the number one vehicle trading company by volume in Nigeria by year 2020.
We are looking for passionate problem solvers who are excited about working long term with us, in building a valuable business. We want folks who value building things from the ground up. You have work to do! If this is you, apply asap!
The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles. He/she will inspect overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information. He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine status of vehicle
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection. Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records, and a notation of current odometer reading.
- Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. Review includes titles from other states and foreign countries.
- Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed Statement of Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing or numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence and other departmental documents.
- HND or BSC in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of other disciplines can be considered if candidate possesses above JD requirement)
- 1 to 2 years experience on vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair
- Sound Knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry industry practices
- Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models
- Hands-on experience in diagonising vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced)
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
- Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four –wheel drives and constant four wheel drive vehicles.
- Excellent communication of vehicle report to customers
- You have to know how to drive
Nice to Have
- Highly presentable with good grooming
- Good communication skills
- Previous technical/hands-on experience on vehicles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use computer systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn fast and use software applications
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other states and other countries.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the English language, proper grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to deal effectively with work situations which demand adherence to procedures, time deadlines and accuracy.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to write legibly in order to complete prescribed documents.
- Ability to perform duties with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment in the performance of job duties
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations in the performance of job duties.
- Ability to perform computer input and retrieval functions utilizing a variety of hardware and software programs.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence and other departmental documents.
Ability to deal with the general public in a courteous and tactful manner.
Ability to deal with individuals from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds, including those who may be irate.
Ability to perform job duties efficiently while managing frequent interruptions.
Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions.
Ability to perform job duties with thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail.
Salary Budget [ NGN ]
60000 - 80000